Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a great one.

Can you guess why?

DSC_0177

It sure was a pretty day.

DSC_0158

Perfect for these sorts of things.

DSC_0166

DSC_0316

DSC_0344

We started the morning early.  I got my first present from K, while I was still in bed.  Daddy shopped for her and got exactly what she wanted for me.  Cookies, pink chapstick, a toothbrush, and gum.  (I let it slide that I tecnically  already owned that pack of gum - the one he had taken from my purse because he forgot to buy one.)

She's such a thoughtful girl.

DSC_0073

Which is also, why I didn't think twice about taking tons of photos of her, when she became such a willing subject that afternoon.

DSC_0072

Even when this was her photo shoot location of choice.

DSC_0059

Because she was letting me play with my new toy.  It was the 2nd present that came at the breakfast table.

I was confused when corey told me he needed to get out the camera before I opened my present.

and then...I was shocked.
DSC_0097

when he ....
DSC_0356

walked out with THIS!
cam

I was elated!  Kind of like this...

DSC_0140

and this.

DSC_0111

To say I love it, would be quite the understatement.  Definately one of the best gifts ever...only topped by these two that I've had for a few years now.

DSC_0009

and if there were no gifts. I'd still be one happy mama because of the 3 of them.
(Daddy, K, and Little Mama - let's not get confused here.)

It really was a wonderful day.  My Mama was here spending a long weekend with us, we went to church, out to lunch, picked up ice cream, relaxed the afternoon away at home and had dinner together.  Definately a great day. For sure.

I hope you had a great one too.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a GREAT surprise -- and a great post! The girls are so lovely, and I can't wait to see all the amazing pictures you take with it! Happy belated mother's day -- I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Great pics already Jen...very impressive!!! And good story tellin' there too!