Since K is only in school every other day and Little Mama is not yet in preschool, I try to fit in some learning activities at home. Sometimes the learning is in the playing and discussion and other times we actually sit down at the table to do some work.
This week we did a few different things. I found a great website that K’s teacher is using at school and got some worksheets for both of them to do. K has been working on identifying beginning sounds of words and matching upper and lower case letters in school this week. So we did more of the same at home with both girls. Little Mama is starting to learn sounds that the letters make – she hopes to read “just like K does” soon.
I also added some cutting and gluing, turning practice with scissors into some fun art.
Little Mama got out the watercolors afterward to add a touch more color.
K also recently worked on a couple of graphing projects at school, so I thought we’d do one at home too. I took some of our Halloween M&M’s and had K guess how many there would be (before counting), and then we lined them up on the graph paper to see how many there really were and then she graphed it herself.
It was great practice for her in both reading a graph and making a graph.
Not to be left out at all, Little Mama worked with her own pile of M&M’s.
For her the activity was more about sorting the candies into their proper color columns and then counting how many of each color there were. She too wanted to attempt to graph them, but unfortunately her attention span doesn’t hold as well as K’s does for that kind of activity. I was happy enough that she got some practice sorting and counting.
Hope you all had a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment