Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

We hope that you had a great Christmas. 

We were THRILLED to spend Christmas in our own house this year.  It was exciting for everyone to have Grandma come to us in the frozen tundra and to get to wake up (for real this time!) in our own beds on Christmas morning.

I loved getting up with the girls and watching them as they scanned the packages under the tree and to hear them as they reported how Santa really did eat all of the cookies and drink the milk that they left for him.

Here they are on Christmas Eve in their traditional brand new holiday jammies.

DSC_0130_edited-1

DSC_0119

   DSC_0138

We made a rule that it had to be at least 7 am before they could wake everyone up on Christmas morning.  Little Mama knocked on our bedroom door at 6:15 to ask if the “first number on the clock was 7, yet.”

I was able to stall her by asking her to keep my spot in bed warm while I ran next door to feed the dogs their breakfast, and when I got back she was still there but K met me at the door to tell me she was “sure we got a Wii, because there was a package labeled with all of our family names".

It wasn’t quite 7, so she and I went to get M and I let them come down to scan their loot and dig into their stockings.

 DSC_0151_edited-1 DSC_0147_edited-1

It’s amazing how excited they get over a new toothbrush from Santa.

It wasn’t long before Daddy-Man was downstairs and I cheated a little on the time and let them go to the basement a few minutes early to get Grandma.

Since K was so sure that she spotted the package that held her much coveted Wii, they went straight for that one as their first pick.

DSC_0154

DSC_0157

They were both THRILLED to have been right and that they found the big gift first.  SANTA was the big hero on that one, but I definitely should mention that Grandma bankrolled this one for SANTA as her gift to Daddy-Man and me this year.

DSC_0161_edited-1 

Once the big one was out of the way, we took turns opening gifts one at a time and by 8 we were enjoying some delicious caramel rolls.

We enjoyed a late prime rib lunch at home.  I really should have taken pictures of that because the prime rib actually turned out well (if I do say so myself!)

It was so nice to be at home this year and Grandma got her first white Christmas ever!

No comments: