Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dance Recital Weekend


The girls had a great time at their recital(s) this year.  K was in al 3 that our studio put on, and Little Mama was in 1.

I took more photos than I know what to do with.  Seriously.  Our studio director asked me to snap a few photos during the weekend with my fancy new camera.  I was happy to oblige and ended up snapping about 6000.  Yes.  Six. Thousand. 

It took me a while but I edited those 6000 down to about 775 that I handed over.  I had so much fun taking photos.  It was great to really get to figure out my camera on the fly too.

I know I've kept you waiting for these photos long enough, so I'll stop blabbering and just post some of them.

DSC_0042

DSC_0749

DSC_0693

DSC_0244-2
The end of day one.

DSC_0243-2

DSC_0513
K & Daddy all set for their Daddy Daughter dance. 

DSC_0073

DSC_0301

DSC_0359

DSC_0168-1
Little Mama & her class in the hallway, waiting for finale. 

When she caught me - she wasn't letting me go back to my seat.  I had to stay with her until she was on stage for finale.  In fact, she said she didn't want to do it - but as soon as the curtain opened - she was all smiles.

DSC_0198-1

DSC_0200-1

DSC_0199-1


Until...

DSC_0204-1

DSC_0206-1

she ran off stage to me and was glued to me for the rest of the show.  I even had to walk her on stage for her final bow.

DSC_0184-1

DSC_0330-1

DSC_0331-1

DSC_0351-1
K was less than cooperative for photos after the show. 

DSC_0356-1
Little Mama was happier to pose.

I hope you enjoyed the pics!  The girls, sure enjoyed their weekend!


2 comments:

It's the wife said...

Your girls are so cute, looks like they had fun. And, your pictures are AWESOME! They look so professional. I have the same camera as you but I haven't really figured out how to use all the settings. I still take most pictures with the auto setting. Now I have motivation to try out the other settings! Thank goodness for digital cameras, can you imagine the cost of developing 6000 pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Looks like everyone had fun. Kathleen