Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1st day of 1st grade

DSC_0726DSC_0729DSC_0730DSC_0733_edited-1DSC_0734DSC_0765DSC_0724DSC_0728-1
K had a fantastic first day of school.  She was up early and dressed and ready to go about 2 hours before the bus was due to arrive.  She’s excited to have a few friends from last year in class again and another friend that she’s known since they were 2 months old in daycare, in fact her desk is directly across from his.
Her teacher, Mrs B seems fantastic – but she’ll have big shoes to fill to measure up to Mrs. G from last year.
At the end of the day she sprang off the bus and couldn’t stop talking about being a 1st grader.  This year she is in school every day instead of every other day like in Kindergarten.  She’s loves the routine and is still excited to get up and get going everyday.  I really hope she keeps this attitude toward school for many years to come. 

Look back on the first day of Kindergarten here

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow she is sure growing up. I am so glad that she likes school. I wish I could have her in my class. Maybe next year since I teach 2nd grade!
Kathleen

Jen said...

We'd love to have you here in MN! Do they have a teacher exchange program?? :) We could be your host family!