I'm sure we all remember when Little Mama needed stitches because she got hit in the face with that door that I was opening?
And then, remember when we found out that incident was also the cause of her chipped tooth and 2 broken roots on her front teeth?
Well, it finally happened. That chipped tooth and the gum above became infected and the tooth had to be pulled. I felt (and still feel) awful.
We went to the dentist last Thursday.
They sat her in the chair and gave her a "funny nose" mask to wear. She chose to smell strawberries (laughing gas) and within a few minutes she was totally stoned. Next came the numbing gell and the "little pinch" aka the shots. She struggled a little with that part with just a few whimpers but no major screams.
From the first pinch to the gauze going in - less than 2 minutes passed and then shortly after that we were on our way to Target where we bought a new Sleeping Beauty Barbie, an outfit for her fave doll Emma, and some stickers (which she later shared with Kaylee).
They gave us her tooth (with most of the root still firmly attached) inside a larger plastic tooth so the tooth fairy would recognize that the dentist had to pull the tooth, rather than it just falling out on it's own.
She slept on the car ride home and we spent the day relaxing on the couch watching TV.
That night the tooth fairy did stop in to drop off another Barbie, but didn't take the tooth since it wasn't under her pillow yet. She wanted to save it to show Daddy when he got home from his work trip the next night.
Here she is putting the tooth under her pillow.
one of the only good toothless shots I was able to get in the first couple of days.
ready for the tooth fairy
That night the tooth fairy did come back, took the tooth and left one dollar. She was thrilled and immediately placed it in her piggy bank.
Here we are just shy of 1 week later:
I'm getting used to seeing that hole in her smile now. I guess I'd better its going to be there for quite a while. She's already started to ask if her new tooth is growing in yet, I just don't know how to tell her that it could be up to 5 years before it comes in!
YIKES!
I'm sorry baby!!!




1 comment:
Aww -- I LOVE YOU!! (And she looks so cute -- I know it's hard to get used to, but no one will even notice!)
Post a Comment