Monday, May 24, 2010

MN Talent Search

Mother's Day weekend K had her 2nd competition of the year.  I think I was as excited as she was about it.  It was also very exciting that Grandma was with us, as well.

We started the morning, with a Jewel's team breakfast. Then it was on to the show.

2010 May 08_4460 - crop
Here they are posing with the martian ship before heading in to perform "The Martian Hop"

We had such a long time between performances that we left the show and took the girls to lunch together.  Then back at the show we had to just hurry up and wait for awards and the next performance.

I have a bunch of photos of "I'm Cute" to share with you.  The moms decided to pitch in and buy a cd of photos since there were so many great professional ones.  Unfortunately, the pro pics from The Martian Hop weren't as great and not worth the money.

DSCN0550
They are lined up and ready for their performance.

212-01
On stage and ready to go! Aren't they cute?!

cute- pout

kaylee - cute

I'm so proud of my girl and all of the Jewels.  They were amazing!

They took first place for both of their dances and also nabbed a special judges award for being "Too Cute."

K is excited for the upcoming June recitals (she's in all 3 that our studio is doing!) and is already talking about competition teams for next year.

Little Mama can't wait for rectial time either.  It will be her first time on the big stage and she can't wait until she's old enough to be a Jewel too!




3 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my goodness! They are too adorable! I remember being in dance and having to dress up, I was not quite so excited about it... haha

Alyssa said...

Can she be any more gorgeous? What a doll! Seems she's a natural!

It's the wife said...

She is so cute! Love the outfits too. My niece dances competitively this year and I love going to the recitals!