Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grocery Store: The Soundtrack



If you had been with or near us at the grocery store this afternoon, this almost a complete transcript of what you would have heard:

Girls, stop running.
You are going too far.
You are going to fast.
Stop, please.
I SAID, stop please.
You are in the way.
Come back please.
Stop when I stop, okay?
Don't crash your cart into your sister.
Don't crash your cart into other people.
You are still in the way.
Pay attention to where you are going.
I already asked you not to crash into your sister.
Please don't crash into the shelves.
Stop running please.
Come back.
Turn left, please.
No, your other left please.
Turn right this time.
Your OTHER right.
No, we can't buy cheetoes.
We already have spaghetti at home.
No, we don't need any more right now.
We have bread already.
No, this is going in mommy's cart not yours.
Because I said so, that's why.
No, we aren't getting candy.
Because we don't need candy.
Stop please.
No running.
No crashing.
Please stop whining or I'm putting back your Lucky Charms.
We have enough cereal in the cart.
No more fruit snacks.
Becuase we already got 2 boxes - thats enough.
Thats all now.
No, I'll scan that item.
Please go sit and wait for me while I pay. 
Stop running.
Come over here now.
Go sit down and don't move until I tell you.
Do you need a time out?
Stop that.
Get down from there.
No climbing on that.
Please don't lean on that.
Because, I asked you not to lean on it.
No, not this week.
No, I don't have a coupon for sour patch kids.
Yes, if I get a coupon next week I'll buy them.
come here.
we are leaving now.
OK, Bye - see you next time I shop.

and as you can imagine, I felt a little like this:


Image from http://www.kelvisdelrio.com/images/stresed.jpg

No comments: