Wednesday, August 13, 2008

National Night Out - August 5

I know I've been terrible with updates, I'm sorry. It's taken me this long to get my photos off my camera!

August 5 was National Night Out. A night to get out, hang with your neighbors and make friends with them so in the event that you see something creepy happening around their house, you are more willing to call the cops for them. No, not call the cops on them...FOR them. You know, in case they need help or something.

Anyway, the girls love any excuse to be in the neighborhood especially playing in the street. Our neighborhood always holds our BBQ get togethers on the cul-de-sac behind our house. Everyone brings food, the guys grill, we chase the kids, and try to chat along the way.
Since it was NNO, the fire truck came and handed out hats and stickers to the kids as well as let them climb in and on the truck. Kaylee and Maya were both unsure of the truck because of it's size but we were able to get a few photos.

Maya really enjoyed running all over the place. She also had fun checking out baby Avery. I think she really enjoys the fact that she's not the baby of the group anymore. I think that she might want to be a big sister, however, Corey really doesn't agree.

Kaylee enjoyed playing with some water balloons and the other kids. She was very cute to watch because she just stood there with a water balloon in each hand and watched the other kids go crazy tossing them at one another. Then once everyone else had run out of them, she walked around like a queen armed with her balloons, knowing that noone could get her back!


No comments: