Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year



Here it is the long awaited first post of 2008!

Kaylee and Maya had a great Christmas. Our house officially looks like Toys R Us. Thanks everyone who contributed to that.



Kaylee was such a joy this Christmas. It was the first time she really understood and looked forward to the big day. She enjoyed opening the little door on the holiday calendar every day to find a Hershey's kiss. She enjoyed looking for Randy the Elf every day, wondering where he was going to pop up next after his night of travels to and from the North Pole.

Maya was just a joy in general. Not yet understanding what the big deal was, she just went on with her life staring at the tree, the lights, and trying to eat the presents under the tree! The week of Christmas was a big one for Maya. She moved from being a wiggly army crawler to an actual big girl crawler.


I don't know why I was ever worried that she wouldn't crawl. Now, she's all over the place and can spy the tiniest speck across the floor and get there before I can even turn my head to see where she has gone. Then I usually get the wonderful task of digging out whatever is in her mouth, that she shouldn't have.



For Christmas Maya gave me the best present of all. After many weeks of coaching, begging and pleading she finally uttered the word I was longing to hear...Mama! Luckily, I wasn't the only one to hear her that night. I don't think anyone would have believed me otherwise!


Since then she has moved on to the bigger challenge of pulling herself up on things. This presents and entirely new challenge for Kaylee since the coffee table is no longer a safe haven for her toys. She's learned quickly what toys Maya can have and what toys Maya can ruin in a split second.


No comments: