The girls and I were lucky enough to spend almost a week at Grandma and Grandpa's house. By the end of the week K was vowing to move to California as soon as she was a "real grown-up."
We had a great time seeing both family and old friends. For some it had been far too long (13+ years!).
We got to go on a field trip with Grandma and her students to Oak Glen and we went gold mining. Yeah, seriously, Gold Mining. I had too much fun to take pictures and I also feared ruining my camera with the dirt or water.
We leared about how early California settlers mined for gold, panned for gold, bought and sold goods and services. We were all filthy from our nose to our toes! As soon as we got back to the house, we headed straight to the showers.
The girls were excited to be roommates all week long. More than once we found them sleeping and snuggling in bed together.
They both really enjoyed the chance to ditch their fall jackets and go back to shorts, flip flops, and even swim suits one afternoon when they got to play in the sprinklers!
I think they both realized that they should maximize their time outside because we'd be up to our ears in snow soon enough.
Here they are on the plane ride home. Thanks T for the use of the DVD player, it was a real life saver!

No comments:
Post a Comment