
I kept putting this post off because I wanted to come up with the perfect things to say, but turns out that looking for the perfect things to say just results in taking forever to get this post up.
Maya had a great birthday. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the toys-r-us sales floor known as our living room. Maya and Kaylee love all of the gifts. Kaylee assumes that Maya will be "sharing" all of her new toys with her and poor Maya doesn't really get a choice in the matter and just goes with it.

She absoutely loved, Loved, LOVED her cake. She wasn't shy at all about digging right into it. She had a great time and actually ate quite a bit of it. It probably helped that this wasn't her first exposure to cake or sweets (the benefits of being the 2nd child I suppose). She knew exactly what it was and what to do with it.
I can't believe that it's been a year since we welcomed Maya into our family. It seems like she's just always been here. There are several more photos from her birthday weekend. Click here to see them: Maya's birthday photos
Kaylee continues to be a marvelous big sister. She insists on helping Maya weather Maya wants to be helped or not. She's learning a lot in preschool and picking up a little attitude along the way. The older kids are teaching her some of their not so desireable qualities, like screaming, talking back, and throwing the biggest stomping fits you've ever imagined. Still, I think that it's great to have Kaylee in preschool. She's learned so much.
She knows her letters by sight and knows most of the sounds too. She works on writing her name and various letters and numbers each week. Her drawings are evolving too. They used be scribbles on a page, now they are pictures that she drew with purpose. I have a great one on the fridge that I've been meaning to scan in to share. As soon as I get that done, I'll post it...someday.
xoxo,
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment