Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy 11 month birthday Maya!


Just another cold, snowy Saturday here in Minnesota, except this one is Maya's 11 month birthday. She's growing so fast (too fast actually), I can't believe that her birthday is just one short month away. I can remember the ride to the hospital late March 8th very vividly and I can't believe it was almost a year ago.


Today Maya and I played a fun game of pick up the cup. She is getting very good at using her sippy cup at meals. Today however was the first time that she decided to drop it on the floor, over and over and over again.




She and I had a great time laughing and I let the game go a little longer than I normally would have because I was trying to get a good picture for the blog!


Today, the girls got Valentine's cards in the mail from Grandma-Great. Each card had one dollar for thier bank. Kaylee was so excited to get her dollar and it was the first time that I let her know that the lion that sat on her dresser, was really her bank with coins and dollars from past cards. In the past, we have just deposited those gifts in the bank without her knowing. We explained to her that the bank was to hold her money to save it for another time when she could use it for something special. She wanted to open the bank right then to see the money that was in there already. We explained that we couldn't open it until it as full. Bad idea. From there she went digging in every drawer, through her purse, and any other place she could think of to find coins. She said she wanted to fill it up so that we could open it.






No comments: