Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Maya...real food eater...extrodonaire.

So now that Maya has passed the 6 month mark and is moving from being a baby - baby to a big girl-baby she is discovering a love for REAL food.

Yes, she does love her baby food. Some of her faves are oatmeal, green beans, carrots, peaches, and apple sauce. She makes quite a mess every night at dinner because she loves to chew on her fingers and grab at the spoon. We usually end up with a bath most nights because she's such a mess.

Aside from baby food, however, she has found a new love of actual people food. It all started at Valley Fair a couple of weeks back when she grabbed at my caramel apple. After carefully eating away the caramel and skin of the apple, I let her have a taste thinking that she would not enjoy the tart granny smith apple. Boy, was I wrong. Maya LOVED the apple and would cry whenever I would take it away so I could have a bite myself. Thus began Maya's love of REAL food. To date she has tried apples, bananas, peaches and a waffle. All of which she loves! I'm hoping that Maya's early love of peaches and apples will lead to her becoming less picky thank Kaylee is about eating fruits and veggies. Only time will tell, I guess.

1 comment:

Teane' said...

Maya is beautiful. And I just love the first picture with the food on her face. Food is the best when it is made a mess of. Great Blog!

BBC Mama
Nidhay15